Saturday, October 24, 2009

Captain's Row - pastel painting


Fall Colors along Captain's Row
Pastel on sandpaper, 9x9"

I wanted to do something different from all the same scene challenge paintings I've been doing, so last weekend, I went through the photos I had recently taken, and decided on this particular one.  The original photo you'll reconize from an earlier post this week.  I asked for some input on the first version on WC, and after making those small (but important) changes, I think the final painting is definitely improved.  I will probably continue with a series of fall color pastels while everything is still fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...