Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Water Abstracts: Agua Fria #2

Here is a second set of shots from the Agua Fria river.  The first set was chosen because of square or nearly square crops; this set is either uncropped or cropped to a retangular format.

If anyone feels so inclined to comment, I'd be really interested to hear which one(s) you like the best, from this or the previous set. 

I'll have at least one more set, taken from a creek in the Mazatzal Mtns., that I'll be posting in the near future.


Crossroads
Converging ripples form an angular pattern in this shallow streambed

Metallic Lace
The patterns here are reminiscent of a hand-crocheted garmet, infused with bronze

Precipice
Transition
I was drawn to the way the colors and contrasts shift from left to right in this image
Untitled
The lower vertical reflections appear to be reaching towards the narrow, orderly bands at the top
Waterswept
These thin reflections of light give the impression of a horse's mane streaming beind it as it runs

2 comments:

  1. I like these photos very much. And I also like the abstract pastel that you did of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment, Deboara - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...