Sunday, June 6, 2010

Botanical Abstracts

Between sorting and packing and other distractions, I managed to not get any painting done this weekend, and rather than let another day pass without a blog post, I realized that I still have plenty of subject material to share.

This collection of images were taken in a variety of locations and dates, and represent a diversity of adjectives:  edible, sharp, soft, weed, cultured, wild, commonplace.  Small, large, spherical, linear.  Colorful or patterned.  As with all the images I take of such things, my goal was to focus on the unique features and try to present the ordinary in a new light.

Some are in black/white, some in color.   They are shown in order of oldest to newest, with location and date.

Corn tassels
 Backyard garden -  CT.  Aug 13, 2009.


Agave leaves
 Crest trail, Huachuca Mtns. - southern AZ.  March 18, 2010.


Seedpods - unidentified 
Honeybee Canyon trail - Oro Valley, AZ.  April 11, 2010.


Red Yucca stalk
Private residence - Tucson, AZ.  April 16, 2010.


Yucca spire in bloom
Biosphere 2 property, Catalina, AZ.  April 17, 2010


Bougainvillea 
Private residence, Tucson, AZ.  April 20, 2010.


Dandelion 
Backyard - CT.  April 30, 2010.


Parsley patch
Personal residence - CT.  June 4, 2010.




2 comments:

  1. Love the little unidentified seedpods. They have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they, though? I don't know how they managed to grab my attention along that wash, as they are pretty small ( <1cm ). But, they remind me of doilies.

    About 30 sec. after I took this photo, I was greeted with an angry, buzzing diamondback about 8 feet away up the trail. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...