Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cat sketches in charcoal

From the archives....

I did these quick charcoal sketches last fall, but they never made it onto the blog.  They are based on some photos I took when I attended a CFA cat show in Groton, CT.  I love cats, and it was a delight to wander around and see all the fancy felines.  Many of their owners were more than happy to allow me to take photos of their kitties.  Some made for perfect subjects for sketching.  You can see the photos I took in this Picasa album.

These are charcoal on newsprint, 8x11, I think.

"Harry"
Is there anything cuter than a kitten?  Maybe a fluffy Persian kitten named Harry.  He was off-the-charts adorable.

Yes, these are cats
The Persian female on the left, named "Cleocatra", is staring at "Goody", an exotic male.  Exotics are essentially short-haired Persians.  Watching the staredown was hilarious.  I don't know how these poor cats are able to breathe through those tiny noses, but they are so gentle and sweet.

6 comments:

  1. Those are cute! If you are a 'cat person' you may enjoy this:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/109-cats-in-sweaters

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, love these - the drawings and our furry friends! Give me a call when you get to town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - thanks for posting that link; those are HILARIOUS! My cat Nelson definitely needs a sweater. Happy New Year to you!

    Jala - thanks :). It was cute overload at the show, with lots of kittens and beautiful cats.

    Liz - I'm glad you like 'em! We're in town now, so I'll get in touch :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. from one cat girl to another..they're beautiful drawings. Come by my blog and see my new fur babies :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary - thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a visit and for your kind comments :).

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments add value to this blog - thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...